Use the app submission step to verify or change your selected release candidate build in app stores, review any final release settings, and submit your update for review.
The selected build module indicates which build is currently selected in the app store, as well as its matching CI build identifier.
You can click the Change selected build action to switch the build that will be submitted for review. The list of builds will also show linked app store and CI build identifiers if available.
Download links for dSYMs will appear at the bottom of the selected build module.
If a release workflow or deploy branch is defined in your settings — for teams that produce different builds for staging/RC and production — you will see an additional module that displays the status of your production build workflow, along with a Run workflow action.
This module reflects current settings for this app version in App Store Connect.
- Version release
- Automatically release this version
- Automatically release this version after App Review, no earlier than a specified time
- Manually release this version
- Phased release
- On — When choosing this option, Apple will automatically increase your phased release percentage in the App Store each day over a 7-day period.
Here, you can verify key information that will be passed along to Apple’s reviewers here. To make changes, or to view all available fields, visit App Store Connect directly.
- Contact — Information for the contact person in your organization if the App Review team needs additional information.
- Sign-in required — Sign-in information for a demo account, if relevant.
- Review notes — Additional information about your app that can help during the review process.
This module reflects the settings that Runway will use when submitting your app for review with Google.
- Staged rollout
- Don’t stage, release updates to all users immediately
- Staged rollout to a percentage of users
- Staged rollout with percent increasing over a 7-day period
- When choosing this option, Runway will automatically increase your staged rollout percentage in the Play Console each day over a 7-day period. (1% of users on Day 1, 2% on Day 2, 5% on Day 3, 10% on Day 4, 20% on Day 5, 50% on Day 6, and 100% on Day 7).
You can configure the following App submission automations by visiting the Automations tab on this step:
You can add checklist items to this step by visiting the Checklist tab.
Checklist items cover any unique parts of your team's release process and live across all your releases. Steps with checklist items won't be marked as complete (green) in Runway until all checklist items have been completed (in addition to the normal criteria that would mark a step as completed).