Comment on page
- 1.Select an app in the top left corner from the Switcher
- 2.Navigate to App Settings by clicking the gear icon (⚙️) at the top of the Timeline sidebar
- 3.Click on Integrations in the sidebar
You must be logged into Slack as a member of the workspace you want to integrate with; approval from Workspace Owners may be required if that setting is turned on.
- Slack redirects you back to Runway
- 1.Select the Primary channel you want notifications to go to. You can select or enter multiple channels.
Runway can send notifications to a private Slack channel once it has access to the channel, via one of these methods:
- In Slack, send a message to the private channel using the @Runway Slack handle
- In Slack, click on the user count icon at the top right of the private channel, then Integrations > Add an app. Search for Runway and click Add
Once the Runway app has been added, return to Runway, and the private channel name will now be available as an option in Runway integration settings for Slack.
If you have the Slack integration installed, you can perform various release-related tasks right from within Slack using Runway slash commands.
/runway helpcommand to see a complete list of available commands.
Note that slash commands obey the same access control rules as the Runway app.
/runway regression status
Update the regression status of the current release for an app. Choose from a list of available builds, and then select a regression testing status.
Update the status of a step checklist item for the current release of an app. Select the checklist item you want to update, then select the status.
/runway regression item
Update the status of a regression testing item for the current release of an app. Select the regression testing item you want to update, then select the status.
Update the status of an approval item for the current release of an app. Select the approval item you want to update, then select the status.
To see the status of a release right from Slack, you can use the
To see the status of a specific release version:
/runway status [appId] [releaseVersion]
You can find your app's ID in App settings > General > App identifier.
Completed release status
You can also use the following shortcuts to get the status of live, next, or upcoming releases for your iOS and Android apps:
/runway status [ios|android] [live|next|complete]
/runway status ios live
Will output the status of your live release.