The Rollout view helps you to navigate release rollouts with less collective stress, and more confidence, by creating a unified dashboard that gives your team a complete and instantly understandable picture of release health. Here, you’ll have one place to monitor live signals from across all the different tools you typically use to measure app health: crash reporting, observability & product analytics, the app stores (for per-version user ratings).
Additionally, this view provides a visual status of the progress of phased releases, adoption percentage, and the state of rollout-related automations (and their associated health metrics).
Runway can take advantage of a number of types of integrations to pull together a complete picture of the health of your release:
To get the most value out of the Rollout view, we recommend configuring health metrics – your team's unique definition of “healthy” – by visiting Settings > Health metrics.
At the top of the Rollout view, you’ll see a number of small cards with at-a-glance, live data about your release and its health, each with visual cues that communicate the status of those particular metrics (progress percentages, and indicators of healthy vs unhealthy if your team has set up health definitions.) Certain cards are shown by default, and others are surfaced based on key events you have selected in corresponding integration settings.
iOS and Android apps only.
Here, you’ll find more granular detail about:
- Adoption rate — Adoption rate of the current version, relative to your other most adopted versions
- This requires a Stability monitoring integration
- Rollout status — Phased release status, with available actions to pause or accelerate rollouts manually, or quickly kick off a hotfix
- Requires App store integration
- Automations — Details about rollout-related automations in Runway, including configured rulesets and current status
Additional sections on the Rollout view will provide additional detail on the following categories of data:
- Stability — Data from your stability monitoring integration, as well as detail on top crashes found in the current version.
- For each stability issue, you’ll see the number of times that it has occurred both in the current release and across all releases. Clicking into a specific issue will show further details, including the file and line number the issue occurred on, and a stack trace.
- Observability & analytics — Data on key events from your observability & analytics integration.
- Reviews — Ratings and recent reviews for the current version, from users in the App Store or Play Store.
Along with topline metrics, you’ll find graphs showing how things have tracked over time, as well as how things look relative to your team’s configured health thresholds (if they’ve been configured for the metric in question).
Finally, each graph will show if there’s an associated automation that is set to trigger (or already has) if healthy — or unhealthy — conditions have been met.