Once your release schedule is configured, Runway will automatically apply target dates to your upcoming releases according to your specified release cadence.
- 1.Select an app in the top left corner from the Switcher
- 2.Navigate to App Settings by clicking the gear icon (⚙️) at the top of the Timeline sidebar
- 3.Click on Schedule in the sidebar
1. Specify how often you'll be releasing updates to this app
- Weekly - Releasing every week
- Bi-weekly - Releasing every two weeks
- Monthly - Releasing once a month
- Not enabled - Release schedule is OFF: Runway will not create target dates
2. Choose the day of the week, time, and time zone for release kickoff, submission, and release dates
3. Save your changes
Click the Schedule button in the upper-right corner to reveal the Schedule view on any release step. (Click the Schedule button again to hide it.)
Pause release schedule
You can pause your release schedule at any point from the schedule view on any release.
- Your scheduled release automations will appear as Paused under the release schedule view, and within the Automation tab of each release step
- Runway will stop automatically applying target dates to upcoming releases
When you're ready to resume your schedule, click Resume schedule from the schedule view on your current release. Runway will resume automatically applying target dates to upcoming releases, and executing upcoming release lifecycle automations.
We know that sometimes unplanned releases need to happen. If your current release had existing target dates applied by Runway using your release schedule, and a new release is created that replaces the current release:
- Runway will automatically update the target dates of the displaced release to the next cycle
- Runway will apply target dates to the newly created release according to your schedule